Join us the day before the main summit on Feb. 11 at noon for the Unconference hosted at ESMT Berlin (European School for Management & Technology), where you will be able to register and pick up your badge. Participation is open to all speakers and attendees registered for Lean Startup Summit. In case you are not able to participate at the Unconference, you can register and pick up your badge the next morning during the main summit day.
The main summit day kicks off on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 8:00am. We’ll welcome you at Alte Münze (Molkenmarkt 2, 10179 Berlin, Germany), where you can grab your badge at the registration desk (if you don’t yet have it) before grabbing some breakfast. Make sure to be on time as opening remarks are at 9am.
Please visit our summit app! You can build your schedule, connect with fellow attendees and speakers, and more. Learn all the details here.
Luckily, ESMT Berlin (location of the Unconference) and Alte Münze (the location of the main summit) are located within 10 minutes walking distance of each other. If you are arriving straight from the Berlin Schönefeld airport (SFX) or Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL), it will take you around 25-30 minutes and cost up to €40 to get to these locations by car (note that actual travel distance may vary in case of traffic) and 45 minutes by public transportation.
Public Transport available:
From Tegel Airport, you can take the Bus TXL (leaves every 5 minutes from outside Terminal A and takes 40 min) to Alexanderplatz. From Alexanderplatz you can either walk (10 min) or take U2 southbound to Klosterstrasse for Alte Münze (3 min walk to Alte Münze) or Hausvogteiplatz to ESMT (3 min walk to ESMT). A one-way ticket from Tegel Airport to the city center costs €2,80 (Zone AB) and is valid for 2h. A day ticket for all transport (including bus, S-Bahn and Tram) costs €7 and is valid the complete day.
From Schönefeld Airport, the fastest route to the city center are S-Bahn and regional trains. The train station is 2 minutes outside of the airport but clearly marked. Nearly all trains head towards the city center and Alexanderplatz. The train will take 30 minutes and a one-way ticket will cost 3,40 Euro (Zone ABC) and is valid 2h. It can be purchased on vending machines in the basement of the train station. Once at Alexanderplatz you can take U3 or walk.
Please note that the majority of the U-Bahn stations (blue sign “U”) are underground and S-Bahn (red sign “S”) is usually above ground. Tickets for public transport can be purchased on any BVG machines via cash or credit card.
If you're walking from the hotel nearby, please plan your route with Google Maps.
If you need a cab, please download the Uber app, MyTaxi (stronger in Germany than Uber) or use the local taxi service by calling: +49 30 202020
1) Capri by Fraser Berlin is situated in the heart of Berlin and is a 6 min walk from Alte Münze and 5 min from ESMT. Additionally, it takes 20-30 minutes by car to get to the hotel from either of the airports. Capri by Fraser is our partner and top pick hotel where most of our speakers will be staying. The hotel is also rated for the best value in Berlin as guests are getting more for their money. The price for a night in a single bedroom will be around €107 during Feb. 11 & 12. Visit their website to book a room or give them a call: +49 30 2007701888
Capri By Fraser Berlin
Scharrenstraße 22, 10178 Berlin, Germany.
2) Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz is one of the closest hotels to the main summit venue. It is only 4 minutes walking distance from Alte Münze and 10 minutes from ESMT. Additionally, it will only take you a 30 minutes drive to get to the hotel from either of the airports. You can visit their website to book a room or give them a call: 0800 556 5565. The average price for a night in a single bedroom will range between €80-90 during Feb 11. & 12. Make sure to book your room as early as possible since the hotel is in high demand.
Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz
Stralauer Str. 45, 10179 Berlin, Germany
3 Hotel Novotel Berlin Mitte is another hotel option that is located close to the venues. It is about 5 minutes walking distance to Alte Münze and 10 minutes to ESMT and 30 minutes from either of the airports. The average price for a night in a single bedroom will also range between €80-90 during Feb. 11 & 12. To book a room, please visit their website or give them a call: +49 30 206740. Make sure to book your room as early as possible since the hotel is also in high demand.
Hotel Novotel Berlin Mitte
Fischerinsel 12, 10179 Berlin, Germany
4) Titanic Comfort Mitte is another hotel option close to the venues. It is located about 12 minutes walking distance from Alte Münze and 14 minutess from ESMT. From either of the airports, it will take you around 30 mins by cab to reach the hotel. The average price for a night in a single bedroom is around €85 during Feb. 11 & 12. However, if you book earlier you have a chance to get a room with a special early bird rate - €71, so make sure to book on time. Please visit their website to place your booking or call them: +49 30 76771870
Titanic Comfort Mitte
Elisabeth-Mara-Straße, 10117 Berlin, Germany
5) Hotel Motel One is also another great option for those who want to stay somewhere close to the summit venues. The hotel is only 7-10 minutes walking distance from Alte Münze and ESMT. It will also take you around 30 minutes by cab to reach the hotel from either of the airports. The average price for a night in a single bedroom is around €90,50 during Feb. 11 & 12. Please visit their website to book your room or call them: +49 30 2096978-0
Hotel Motel One
Berlin-Alexanderplatz, Grunerstraße 11, 10179 Berlin, Germany
1) ibis budget Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz is a great option if you are travelling on a budget. The hotel is about 30-37 minutes cab drive from either of the airports. Additionally, from this hotel, it will take you around 10 minutes by cab to reach the summit venues, and around 20-30 if you take a walk. Make sure to book your room on time by visiting the website or by calling: +49 30 339391120
ibis budget Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
Mollstraße 30, 10249 Berlin, Germany
2) Pension Absolut Berlin is a great guest house option if you are travelling on a budget. However, the guest house is more favorable for those arriving to Berlin Tegel Airport, as it is only around 20-25 mins cab drive from the airport to the guest house. It is around 40 mins cab drive to get to the guest house if you arrive to Berlin Schönefeld airport. Additionally, the guest house is around 15 mins cab drive away from the summit venues. Please visit their website to book your room or call them: +49 30 960 650 20.
Pension Absolut Berlin
Erich-Weinert-Straße 26, 10439 Berlin, Germany
Want to have a more local experience? We recommend checking out some places on AirBnB as an alternative to a hotel.
Yes, of course. WiFi will be provided at Alte Münze. Just make sure to take advantage of all the real life networking opportunities that Lean Startup provides with the attendees around you too.