Innovate Better: More Wins, Less Waste.
The Lean Startup Online Course, with Eric Ries
A masterclass for product, innovation, and technology professionals
Learn how to:
- Apply Lean Startup, based on real-world examples from Eric’s coaching practice
- Create and execute a plan to validate an idea through Build-Measure-Learn
- Avoid wasting time and money building products that fail
- Test new ideas before going all in
- Innovate with confidence and build products customers love
- Short videos and audio recordings presented by Eric Ries
- Self-paced material: 15-20 minutes per day for 6 weeks, or binge in 10 hours
- A Certificate of Completion, available upon request
Lean Startup Bundle: Get the Course + Eric’s books at a discount
The Lean Startup Course Content with Eric Ries
6 modules broken into 30 topics, including 2h38m of recorded content and 6 mini-assessments.
- Reflect on the last 10 years, and how the lessons of Lean Startup have remained relevant.
- Define entrepreneurship, and how it can be found anywhere, from a start up in someone’s apartment to a team at the world’s largest corporations.
- Describe the goals of this program, its focus on validated learning and the build-measure-learn model.
Why Startups Fail
- Recognize the importance of building the right thing, and how to discover what that right thing is.
- Define shadow beliefs, and the role they play in startups failing.
- Identify examples of failure at startups.
- Identify a project you’ve worked on that failed because you didn’t set out to build the right thing.
- Define minimum viable product (MVP), and why it allows start ups to build and learn quickly.
- Describe different types of MVPs, and when each one should be used.
- Recognize the way that successful startups have used MVPs in order to build and learn quickly.
- Conceptualize an MVP to test an idea you’re working on.
- Define innovation accounting, and how you can use it to measure progression.
- Recognize the way that successful startups have used innovation accounting in order to measure their progress.
- Develop a measurement plan for your MVP.
- Describe validated learning and specific methods of finding out more about your potential customers.
- Recognize the way that successful startups have used validated learning in order to form new hypotheses and iterate.
- Practice applying validated learning to a hypothetical scenario.
- Deploy a validated learning strategy in order to learn more about your customers and their needs.
Pivot or Persevere
- Describe the differences between pivoting and persevering, and when each one should be used.
- Recognize the way that startups have either pivoted or persevered in order to survive and succeed.
- Decide whether to pivot your idea or persevere.
How The Course Works
In a series of 6 modules, you’ll learn about the essential components of the Lean Startup method and how to use them for your own entrepreneurial project.
Engaging with the content chronologically and taking notes on things that you’ll want to refer to later will help you get the most out of this course. At the end of every module, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills to your own entrepreneurial endeavors.
What You’ll Learn
See Lean Startup in action, witnessing firsthand how it transforms businesses through real-world examples.
Learn the basic principles of Lean Startup, including core concepts and methodologies to revolutionize your approach to innovation.
Sharpen your understanding of Lean Startup principles through interactive quizzes designed to reinforce and solidify your knowledge.
Explore case studies featuring businesses like yours, uncovering how they used Lean Startup for transformative successes and navigating challenges.
Navigate the importance of metrics, learning how to quantify success and validate your efforts with tangible results.
Gain the mindset needed to lead organizational change from “how it’s always been done” to impactful, strategic decision-making.
About Eric Ries
Eric Ries is the founder of the Long-Term Stock Exchange (LTSE). The LTSE is building a new national securities exchange designed to transform the public company experience for businesses that are built-to-last. He is an entrepreneur and the author of the New York Times bestseller The Lean Startup, and of The Startup Way. Eric is the creator of the Lean Startup methodology, a global movement in business, practiced by individuals and companies around the world, and the inspiration behind his founding of the LTSE.
He has founded a number of startups, including IMVU, where he served as CTO, and he has advised on business and product strategy for startups, venture capital firms, and large companies, including GE, with whom he partnered to create the FastWorks program. Eric has served as an entrepreneur-in-residence at Harvard Business School, IDEO, and Pivotal. In 2015, he ran a Kickstarter campaign to produce The Leader’s Guide, which went on to become one of the top Kickstarter book campaigns of all time.
He lives in the Bay area with his wife and three children
Frequently Asked Questions
The Lean Startup Online Course is an interactive, digital course for individuals and enterprise teams working inside large organizations looking to learn the foundations of Lean Startup methodology. Led by the leader of the Lean Startup movement and the author of the book “The Lean Startup”, Eric Ries, Eric has personally taken the most important aspects of this revolutionary technique and condensed it into a single course. By the end of this program, participants will be able to create and execute a plan to validate an entrepreneurial idea through the process of building, measuring, and learning.
The course is delivered through Microsoft Teams or a web browser featuring small snippets of learning over a series of 6 lessons. After you sign up for the course you will receive a confirmation email and directions on next steps. Your receipt will also arrive via email.
Yes! Just choose “Gift purchase” on the checkout page. We’ll email your recipient to let them know the course is ready for them.
This course is available in all countries or wherever MS Teams and/or an internet browser is available.
In many cases, this course may be eligible for reimbursement. It’s best to ask if you’re unsure as every employer has different policies and requirements, but you will be emailed a detailed receipt. If additional information is needed, we’re happy to provide it.